Tuesday 7 November 2006

Sickie

I seriously thought I was having an all day hot flush yesterday, but it turned out just to be my paranoia. In spite of Kevin saying to me this morning that it couldn't possibly be a flush if it lasted all day, I don't think it sunk in until I spoke to a couple of other people who had had the same thing. Certainly the weather was slightly warmer with all the rain we were having, but I think in reality I was fighting off some bug. I did and do also feel fairly crappy, but the sure sign for me was wanting to sleep during the day.

That being said, I must confess to being one of those aggravating people who refuses to take time off, not that I have anything to take time off from, but when I did, I wouldn't. Kevin's company actively try to discourage this attitude by not giving a set amount of sick time, thus people don't feel they are entitled to the sick days as extra holiday and when they are sick, they take the time off they need rather than coming in and passing it on to everyone else.

I am very used to fevers, I used to have them throughout my childhood, whenever I had any sort of illness whatsoever I would get a fever with it and this was dismissed as being a result of my having contracted malaria as a small child in Nigeria. Possibly as a result of that, the fever has become my own measure of when to give in, so what happened yesterday? I guess the answer probably is that my temperature wasn't high enough to give me that tell-tale sensitivity, but high enough to affect the workings of my brain.

So, on my return from the Nature Park, I have been for a walk and taken photos of the beautiful place where I live.

And I'll bid goodnight.

1 comment:

Sleepy said...

I hope you are feeling better soon!