Sunday 28 May 2006

Ringtones.


Yup, silly me. I took son number two's phone because I was getting fed up with his horrid ringtones, put it in my bag, told him it was safe in my bag and I'd give it back later.
Then I forgot and went to the Co-op and I'm looking at the tomatoes when my bag suddenly starts screaming at me in an East End accent,
'Oi! Soppy Bollocks! Answer your fucking phone! I'm in your pocket, ring, ring, ring, oi! I said I'm in your fucking pocket !'
Supermarket floor refused point blank to open up and swallow me, I tried to wrap my entire body round my bag, because of COURSE I couldn't actually find the bloody thing. It finally stopped.
Thirty seconds later, South Park's Cartman starts yelling at me. I tried to look unpeturbed, but, I was peturbed.

I have a new flight back to Canada booked, Friday the 9th of June, cost me big bucks, and is all completely dependent on getting my passport back the previous day.

Today, the weather smiled at us for Edward's Christening. The service went well, Father Lewis gives a good sermon, interspersed with witticisms, and there is much incense and bell-ringing that goes on throughout the service. Austen and Sue's church is Anglo-Catholic, so much of it is familiar to me, but not all. It's a lovely church building though, hidden from the main road, heck, hidden even from the side road.

Over the past two days, I have spent a lot of time with my sister, but I haven't had a chance to talk to her. I got a chance to have a long conversation with my friend Julian on Saturday evening, but the price of that was that he had to stand in the kitchen with me and do a ton of drying up.
I can see us only managing to do a fraction of what we had intended while over here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My own phone rang during the Mother's Day service in my parents' church. Yikes! I could find the phone quickly enough, but I didn't remember how to turn it off. My son calmed me, said this happens to everyone. I'd genuinely forgotten about the incident by the end of the service and was able to honestly act as if it had never happened. Memory loss and aging may have its advantages.

Anonymous said...

I think the phone incident was hilarious. I would have loved to have been there.
Still waiting to know why your passport is not in your hands but in the hand so of the Canadian Consulate (or something).
Will miss you tomorrow night.
AR

Schneewittchen said...

The Canadian High Commission have my passport because they are putting my immigration visa in and they have to have it for two weeks. If the letter hadn't arrived until after I got back to Canada, I'd have had to have headed straight back to London.

Anonymous said...

Ah!!!

Anonymous said...

Where do I get the ringtone?