Tuesday 8 August 2006

Waterfall

I love seeing the Chinese elders doing Tai Chi, it is better than watching dancing. It is something you come across frequently in the morning here. You can be walking across the park or as I did this morning, past the Cultural Centre and then suddenly, there they are, a whole group of them, moving fluidly in perfect unison. It is relaxing just to watch them.

This morning I had my first interview in Canada. I got the impression they were rather underwhelmed. I am at one and the same time both over-qualified - in education - and under-qualified - in history. Oh well, it really was good to have the interview experience, just as we used to tell the kids at school and then I went and spent the rest of the day stuffing envelopes at the Nature Park with Lori, which just goes to prove that a huge part of enjoying your job is the people you work with.

Thanks be to the weather god, today we have lower temperatures and rain, wonderful, glorious rain. What a relief from the wretched heat.

Yesterday afternoon, when the water was not yet falling, I watched a film by mistake. Ben had recorded and was watching 'The Legend of Zorro'. I watched while I was drinking my coffee and before going out to do the shopping. I eventually did the shopping this evening. Zorro, a film which seemed to get a lot of bad press, which I think may be automatic whenever Antonio Banderas appears, was actually rather engaging. Fun.

All may not be well with the world, but at least on South Park order is restored, Big Gay Al is back as scout leader. Who doesn't love Big Gay Al?

No comments: