Thursday 22 November 2007

Breakthrough

Or maybe breakthrough isn't quite the right word. It's more, that moment when something falls into place. A puzzle is solved.

Yesterday, this happened for me. We have a programme at work that...well doesn't work. Lori and I discussed it last year, but then it wasn't my job to worry about it. So I didn't.
Now here we are again and the programme is about to run..or more, limp. No inspiration, no answer to the problem of why it doesn't fly.
No retreat baby, no surrender.

Alex and I had talked about it. He went and watched a video of it. He agreed with me.
I mulled.
I cogitated.
We sat in different places in the Nature House and batted ideas back and forth. Then finally, yesterday afternoon at around 16.00, rinsai! It fell into place and now we are cooking with gas.

This morning was even frostier than yesterday. As I walked, I avoided certain death as far as possible and thought about telegrams.
Telegram Sam.
Do you still get a telegram from the Queen when you reach 100? Probably an e-mail I'd think.
I looked up 'telegrams'.
Ask Oxford says that they have been used for international messages only since 1981. So maybe Canadians and Australians still get them.
Pakistanis, not so much I'm guessing, since they have been suspended from the Commonwealth for not toeing the line. Brownie Guides will no longer be able to wear the colours of Pakistan on Thinking Day. I'm not sure if there are any more ramifications, although if it affects the cricket there could be questions raised in the House.

That's all.

No comments: