Tuesday 27 November 2007

Sleet

Late yesterday afternoon, the sleet came. By early evening it was almost all snow. Walking home it stung my face, my eyelids, made my legs raw through my trousers. But it was beautiful, while I was walking it was beautiful. Later, driving, I could have done without it, but across the bridge into Vancouver, the sleet had changed to mostly rain.

Ads are on TV for 'Sweeney Todd, the Demon Barber of Fleet Street'. If it were tastefully done, I wonder if anyone might offer Helena Bonham-Carter a part not based solely on her mad hair.

A British teacher, presumably thinking she's doing some kind of missionary work, has been thrown into gaol in Sudan for naming the class teddy bear 'Mohammed'.
What, I ask myself, can you possibly say about a bunch of people who cannot see what complete and utter plonkers they look for doing this ridiculous thing? Everyone is shuffling and looking embarrassed, but the poor woman is still in gaol instead of teaching her class. People get less than this for kiddie fiddling.

2 comments:

Sleepy said...

Chris Langham certainly got less!

Anonymous said...

i thought i told you to put more alex in this blog... and not the rubbish alex...the one you gave birth to.. o and im going by alexandra now.