Sunday 5 February 2006

Disappearing jam

Weirdness in the blogosphere. My post, 'Apricot Jam' has just disappeared. Karen couldn't post a comment on it, Anne's comment on the previous post has somehow vanished and the whole post has just loosed its moorings and drifted off. Oh well, here's the speed dating version of it.
Parting, not sweet sorrow but utter misery as always. Shakespeare's blog must have told of this. Apricot flavour everything more common here than in Canada. Getting a Graun for Karen. The end.

I decided it would be a good idea to look at my itinerary and lo! Although I had remembered my flight as departing at 16.30, in fact it leaves at 13.30, so damn good thing I checked. I have to get a cab to the station - the railair link bus goes from the train station - because of my luggage, but I hate getting cabs. Cabs are probably my least favourite form of transport, although I've never travelled by rickshaw. I do however love the railair link bus. It goes straight to Heathrow and is allowed to go in special bus lanes that cars can't. The drivers are usually funny, I say usually because there was one on the first service out of Heathrow one time who was a complete bar-steward to a Canadian woman from Victoria. There is a loop-hole in efficiency first thing in the morning. There is no-one to sell you a ticket and no machine at terminal 3 - or wasn't then. The bus drivers can't take cards, only cash, which is pathetic poo and the woman, arriving from Canada only had a twenty pound note, again, nothing unusual about that. The driver couldn't change the note. Well the other passengers on the bus were Brits so we were soon all verbally assaulting the bus driver and then managed to find change between everyone for the twenty pound note. It was an oddity, most bus drivers I have encountered would just have said, 'my bad, you get on, we'll sort it out later.'

I've looked up the in-flight movies, nothing you would want to see anywhere but on a plane, however if they don't come with Portugese subtitles that'll be a plus.

Toodle pip to blighty, it's a wonderful place to visit, many wonderful shops, many wonderful sandwiches, lovely Indian food and fabulous baths, oh and great chocolate.

No comments: