Thursday 14 September 2006

Flow


Big, heavy, thumping rain last night, I hope Canadian Karen's flat hasn't flooded. Today the temperature is more tolerable, nice, very nice.

So, 'Rockstar' came to its dramatic conclusion last night and guess what, the Canadian won, even though in Kev's and my opinion he was one of the lamest of the contestants. Dilana had always been my choice, right the way through, her voice and stage presence were phenomenal and she had a kind of musical intelligence. Throughout the weeks of the show the 'Rockers' were able to re-arrange other people's songs, Lucas, the winner, thus managed to murder quite a few, Dilana never failed to make magic out of every song she sang. She was quite simply, an amazing talent. Her voice had the energy and quality of Tina Turner and Janis Joplin and then some.
But....at the end of the day, she is a woman, so the band were never going to pick her as their front person. And frankly, they were wise not to, she would have eclipsed them and at least now we can have a really good album from her rather than the lame-arse stuff that 'Supernova' were coming out with.

Yesterday I went to get my hair cut. In the town centre the Psychic Circle were having an event, so I went and got channelled. I have never had this done before and I didn't really know what to expect. She didn't tell me anything I didn't know, but she did tell me some things that she didn't know about me. She did tell me some things that could be applicable to many women of my age but she only told me ones that were true for me and she told me things that were specific to me. She answered some questions for me and I learned something about energy flow from the experience, not from anything she said, but from a feeling that my energies had been freed by the process itself and from an insight. A lot of what she said to me I could have got from a therapist, but at several times the cost.
I found this a totally positive experience.

I have to say, I couldn't help contrasting this with the computer technology of Amazon who today sent me an e-mail containing the titles of books I may like to try based on my previous buying. Is this just what the psychic does? Well maybe, but the fact is that Amazon were basing what I might like to buy on skewed information - my last order with them had been a bunch of university textbooks for Alex.

Well, turns out that Bill Clinton reads my blog - I can't see what other reason there could be for his timing in endorsing Gordon Brown as Labour Party leader and potential Premier.


AfterEllen reports that Storm Large, who was the last but one woman singer eliminated from Rockstar, and also superb, appeared on Ellen this week. Dammit, dammit, dammit, if only I had read this in time I could have seen her sing again. Fortunately there is a YouTube link from the site.

Pakistan it seems was on the verge of taking a big step towards being in line with the modern world by getting rid of its outrageous laws on rape - four male witnesses and if you fail to prove your case you basically get charged with adultery and die. BUT sadly, conservatism has won out and only minor tinkerings will be allowed.

""We are going to make it easier for [rapists] to be convicted," says Tarique Azim Khan, spokesman for the Pakistan Muslim League, the ruling party."
Just....they're not going to take any steps to achieve it. Hohum.

11 comments:

Sleepy said...

The rain was so heavy today Crisp-e's school had sewerage bubbling up in the playground and all the kids were sent home.
7 other schools in Pompey had the same problem. Not sure if Mayhem was one of the lucky ones!

heelers said...

Your insight into the Blair situation was... insightful. I didn't think you'd endorsed Brown though. Brown is in heaps of trouble because many people know full well he's heaved out a three term Prime Minister. Blair was still winning all round him when this snurd insisted he leave. I mean I don't want to go casting no aspoisions. But the party of the comrades is about to find out that when you overthrow an elected Prime Minister, the public tend to hold it against you. For years and years and years.
James

Schneewittchen said...

Ah, good point James, I spose I thought that since Tony had annointed Brown and Tony is top banana, ergo......

But also very good points about how ppl feel about a usurper. Hmmm....

Ah, Sleepy, a school without kids...can be relatively blissful..... Seems that Mayhem was not closed.

Anonymous said...

Uh yes Pakistan. You should write a blog spot about the country. For some reason Pakistan came up in my introductory ESL class today. "Pakistan," I said, 'where is Pakistan."
"Where bin Laden from," said the cute Mexican boy, Fernando.
This struck me as so funny that this was all he knew about the country. I bent in half laughing. He smiled because he'd made the teacher laugh.
Poor Pablo (who I keep calling Pedro) and Israel though. I thought they were speaking spanish in class but really I think it was just their heavy accents. Poor kids, they got in trouble because of me. Of course I couldn't admit my mistake.
- Karen

Sleepy said...

Blair has been more or less sacked, right?
Where else in the world do you get sacked and then get to choose when you leave?

Schneewittchen said...

He certainly hadn't been sacked last time I spoke to him. He said right from the last election that he would go during this term, but there seem to be creative differences over when exactly he should bow out.
it's a bit like Cher retiring really. He has his farewell tour planned but people seem to be getting impatient. Like trying find exactly the right moment to let go on a bungee jump. The Party are all there shouting 'jump, jump,' but he can't leave the ship with no-one at the helm and who shall take his place?
I know what you're thinking, Areosmith, and if you book them, they will come.

Sleepy said...

Miriam Margolyes? She'd do for me! and definately NOT anyone I'm related to.

Schneewittchen said...

Oh yes of course, I'd quite forgotten that we'd decided on Miriam Margolyes to run the country, much better than Steve Tyler :)

Anonymous said...

You got channeled or you got read? That's something. Now, I'm a bit decent at reading people, but I think that it's something God has blessed me with to bring them closer to Him. It can be a scary trick for sure. I think to the book of Acts when a little girl was telling everyone (most likely very annoyingly) that these two disciples were prophets of God. Well, they just right up and cast the demonic influence right out of her. Amazing-- and so important to discern the right spirit of the matter!

Schneewittchen said...

Not sure Adam. If I remember correctly the woman was a channeller and an intuitive. She didn't look at me but 'tuned in' to me.

Anonymous said...

Do you think she'd be any help with the radio in my kitchen?
I have real problems with Radio 4 sometimes and I get proper pissed if I miss the Archers!.

Simmi