Saturday 16 September 2006

Shifts


I can't believe how quickly beautiful, serene September is thundering along, like a stampeding buffalo. Before we know it, she will have passed by leaving just a trace of subtle, earthy perfume.

Strange little shifts in alignment keep happening.
I am rather put out to hear from Sleepy that Dog the Bounty Hunter has been taken into custody. Dawg's one of the good guys, he treats people well, he goes after the baddies and he does it in a colourful way. There is something so compelling about Dawg and his wife Beth. This had better turn out well.

Another little shift. Yesterday I heard about a friend's dad whose car had been totalled and he had been hospitalised and rather traumatised in an accident which was an exact replica of the situation which cost me my road test. The difference was obviously that I did an emergency stop - so beloved of the British driving test but not allowed by the Canadian one - and he did what my examiner would have had me do.
But I didn't want someone's dad to have to go through this so that I can say, 'there, look, see, I was right,' the karma seems wrong somehow. It seems so wrong that I feel doubly spooked by it.

Yesterday evening, after my beloved 'Most Haunted' - we are recycling so rapidly now that I can almost sit in my chair and call out,
'Look behind you Ivvie,' we watched the second episode of a new series starring Anne Heche that is set in Alaska, 'Men in Trees'. You have this little background tune running through it from time to time where the words 'in Alaska,' keep being whispered. And for sure they do, because the thing is actually filmed in Squamish, just two hours down the road from here and where we stopped on the way back from Whistler last month.
Things are quite often filmed in places other than where they are set, but this is too close for me to get the fantasy of Alaska going. Not only that but as ever - and a damn good thing too - there are local actors in it, faces you see in many Canadian dramas and series or ones that are filmed in and around Vancouver.

I am irritated by my own inability to sense things, as though a veil shrouds them from me. And last night I dreamt about the things the psychic had said to me, like bubbles rising slowly from the subconscious.
Neptune sleeps and dreams.

4 comments:

Sleepy said...

Poor old Dawg! I love him! But his wife scares the shit outta me.

Anonymous said...

Is that a picture of Neptune or Uranus? *snicker* I'm immature.

Schneewittchen said...

Ah now Adam, you should know that Uranus has rings and a greenish colour due to the methane. Hmmm?

Anonymous said...

...and the chillis

Sleepy