Sunday 2 September 2007

Cottaging

Well, well, well. So the French are to smile more are they? They are to welcome foreigners instead of treating them like something that got stuck to the bottom of the national shoe huh? Lordy, Lordy.
To be fair, I have worked with a goodly number of French colleagues and like any other nation they were good, bad, or indifferent. But one thing I will say. I worked with one on whom I soon learnt to never turn my back when I could see those gnashers smiling.

What to make of Senator Larry Craig's fall from grace. The thing for me was that it so echoed the crap we used to get from the Tory party when they were in power. They would always be spouting off about who we should or shouldn't be shagging and then constantly getting caught with their trousers down. I for one don't give a damn that he was soliciting in a public toilet. He's not my senator after all, and as long as it's all between consenting adults, well frankly, the more nookie most people get the better.
No, it really is that 'voting against Gay rights' thing that rankles. I mean it's almost, almost too cliched to be true.

It would be nice to think he'd now embrace his inner homo and make things better for everyone, but probably all that will happen is that his fellow Repugnicants will simply jump up and down pointing and screaming,
'J'accuse!'

Still, if there's one good thing to come out of this, it's that the good burghers of North America now know the real meaning of the word 'cottaging', up until now I have lost a fair few mouthfuls of hot liquid as quite staid people have told me they were going cottaging for the weekend.

Ah, the shops are full of their autumn collections. I love this time of year, when the bright colours of the summer, give way to the earth tones of the autumn. I went to look for a present for my niece and instead got caught in the gravity well of Old Navy.
In my wardrobe I have about twelve black jumpers, and I nearly acquired another, but at the last moment swerved and chose the wine red.

The body of Christ tasted sweet this morning, more like a bun than a bread roll. I couldn't help wondering if that was allowed. One more reason for the consistency of the wafer, but then again, maybe the changing flavour is good too.

2 comments:

Sleepy said...

Please take me somewhere a person will tell me they are cottaging!!

I've packed the 'I Fuck Nuns' shirt!

Schneewittchen said...

You are so bad ;) ...but in a good way.