Friday 28 September 2007

Gaze

The temperature today was perfect for me. I have no idea what it was but I'm thinking maybe 11 or 12. The weather was sunny and the temperature was cool, with just an edge to it. Wearing a jumper I felt cold, but just comfortably so. Perfect.

To increase the perfection, Alex and I had to set out some props for the programmes that start next week, and we came across this little glade, the light was so perfect and there were several patches of Fly Agaric.
Later we went over to the east side of the park. Few people actually go over there but yet we found this little Blair Witch house.

We looked all around it, but there were no clues as to its origins.

The day before yesterday I received a letter in the post, unusual in itself. The letter bore the stamp of Bard on the Beach but this didn't strike me as unusual since we order tickets from them, albeit online ...... so maybe it should have seemed odd.

I opened it and was surprised to learn that I had become a member and generously donated to this non-profit organisation.
'Oh dear,' I said to Kevin, 'I'm rather afraid I've received a letter that should have gone to someone else, which is a pity because it the letter promises all kinds of good things, sit on Christopher Gaze's knee at the performance of my choice, wear a crown of autumn leaves while watching, be on their Christmas card list,' and then I found a tax receipt, and I was surprised to learn that Kevin's and my names would be put in next year's programme, in Kevin's surname. This mistake was beginning to look a little specific.

Finally I remembered that Austen had told me that my birthday present would arrive at some point. After making enquiries I discovered that this was it, and a most amazing one too.

There are all kinds of benefits to this, bearing in mind that I do adore Bard on the Beach, and there really is a handwritten addition to the letter by Christopher Gaze, the director.
Thus, I'm excited already. I have been to the website and know that I want to see all four of next year's plays. Titus Andronicus, King Lear, Twelfth Night and the Tempest.
My cup runneth over.

4 comments:

Sleepy said...

That is an absolutely cracking gift for you!

(My idea of hell on earth!)

Schneewittchen said...

No kidding! (On both counts)

Sleepy said...

I've been thinking about your wooden hut.
You don't have feral Jews living in your woods do you?
The Feast of Tabernacles is around this time!

Hehehe!

Schneewittchen said...

Hahahahahaha!!!, well if I catch any I'm going to make them stand and repeat the correct pronunciation of the name of the prophet Isaiah, some Canadians even manage to get the word eh? in there.