Monday 29 January 2007

Fog on the Fraser

Back to the howling old owl in the woods, back to the horny backed toad, I've finally decided my future lies, beyond number five road.

Pretty unoriginal I know. And stick garter snakes and bats in there somewhere and Bob's your auntie's toy boy, I'm back at the Nature Park, just that I'm currently gainfully employed rather than volunteering, I have a short term contract that runs until mid-June.

So today we got out the props and rehearsed for the two new winter programmes, one about mammals, one about reptiles and amphibians, so I got to play with snakes and skulls and I got to play two bats at the same time. I am going to have to become way more ambidextrous. Or even some.

The last couple of days have been foggy and this morning was no exception. Things suddenly loom at you, which is quite good fun unless they are things that are about to run you over or trip you up. Sadly, since I was trying to get to work on time, which I succeeded in doing, I wasn't able to spare the time to get the camera out until it had cleared.

I'm glad to be back pretending to be a raccoon, an animal I've never in fact seen face to face, glad to be back walking the trails with Lori and Jo. And since I am only working a four day week, I'll be glad to have a three-day weekend.

No comments: