Friday 23 March 2007

Ducks

My friend Ree sometimes talks about having her ducks in a row. Well after the Thursday line-up of things all happening on the same day, I have my ducks in a row. The friend who was having surgery - that went well, the friend who was taking an exam, passed (with flying colours in my opinion, but she never thinks she's done well enough), Karen got back safely although I'm sure she'll soon be blogging about being ill on the plane, and I was offered the job I applied for. It's a full-time position at the Nature Park, the work, place and people I love, the pay is abysmal, although slightly less so than at present.

So, this afternoon, I did some stinky, smelly science. This week in our part of Canada - or could be the whole of North America for all I'd know - has been Spring Break and so whilst Lori and I haven't had any programmes to teach, a science teacher has been in doing a series of programmes, and that was the name of this afternoon's. She's rather a charismatic teacher, as well she needs to be because she also makes educational videos. The afternoon therefore was rather good fun for me.
Erica told the kids, to get them in the right mood, that before science, there was magic, and she wore a black cloak and magician's hat.

I enjoyed watching and helping and the kids all had a great time. Some of the experiments were ones I remember and some were using new things, such as the gel in nappies and how it reacts and mixing glue and borax to make silly putty.

And the weather - well, it continues to be duck weather. Everyone else is complaining about it, I'm starting to feel guilty about enjoying it, but I reserve the right to join in, since it is apparently set to get even worse tomorrow.

2 comments:

Sleepy said...

Ahh, Rain.
The weather of choice for a 'True Brit'.
Know where you are with rain. Wet.
Snow, you're wet and cold.
Sun, it's too hot, makes us red and possibly gives us Hives.
Ahh, Rain.

Schneewittchen said...

You are so right, so very right :)