Thursday 8 March 2007

International Women's Day

Rain, sun, rain. Bit of frost, but that's another story.

So, today is International Women's Day, I'm an international woman, and another international woman is Canadian Karen, currently enjoying a break from Vancouver life by holidaying in the Dominican Republic. I'm glad to say she has arrived safe and sound and hasn't yet caused any international womens' incidents.

So, I see that US scientists have been told not to discuss polar bears. Isn't that the sort of tactic that used to be used in the Soviet Union? I can't see it happening myself, scientists being told what they can and can't discuss? Unlikely.

I have found my bath. To recap, the bog standard bath tub here doesn't slope at one end, so it has no therapeutic value whatsoever, well, ok, not none exactly, but it is seriously diminished. A bath in our house currently lacks that essential element of indulgent luxury. Hmmm...essential luxury, an interesting notion. But I have seen a tub with a sloping back and higher sides, I have seen the future - well, the past really, so the past is hopefully in the future.

Hillary has a website! Of course she does, why wouldn't she? Go Hillary you international woman you.

It's strange writing a story with someone else. Lori had been keen to update the play in our Snakes and Frogs programme and she wanted to have a storyteller reading with puppetry to accompany it. Firstly, I have had to think about how to write for younger children and secondly, Lori and I have quite different writing styles. So it tends to jog along like a chipmunk with an English accent, kind of like something written by international women. My own input is a little Kiplingish, though of course, he did write exceedingly good books, so not a bad person to plagiarise.
Ah well. Life at the park may get stranger for a while. Lori has resigned and leaves at the beginning of April.

3 comments:

Crisp-e said...

Ye know, this global warming thing is really starting to get on my nerves. There is no doubt that climate change is normal. Furthermore, there is indisputable proof that the current rise in temp is caused by solar activity and NOT carbon dioxide.

The dear ol polar bears have survived warm spells in the past and they will do so again, so long as us H-beings don’t fuck it up for them first.

Happy International Women's Day!

Sleepy said...

To steal from one is plagiarism, to steal from many is research..
Someone said that!
Add a bit of someone else and you're safe!

Schneewittchen said...

Well, I'll arm wrestle ye over that one Crisp-e, preferably when we're both suitably bevvied.

My point really was the idea of telling scientists not to discuss them was funny while at the same time being blood-boiling.