Monday 26 March 2007

Medusa

You had to love Medusa, but you had to love her from afar, to look her in the eyes was to turn to stone.
There was a fantastic expression in last night's final episode of Rome. 'She'd give you a look like Medusa on the rag.' Even more expressive than just 'giving me the evils.' We're hoping that there will be more series of Rome, although we're not far short of where 'I Claudius' started and it has been fascinating stuff. Sometimes history has been interestingly interpreted, othertimes, just told.
Sadly, Kevin's researches seem to suggest that this was the last series. Poo.

There's nothing quite as mind, soul and body clearing as Spring Cleaning. I have been able to take a pile of junk to the Sally Army this morning. I'd like to do a load more, but with the increase in my working hours, there is a decrease in pootling ones. Pootling is so much fun, but so much more fun when time is limited. Today will be my last Monday off for a while, or maybe a week, I've a feeling I may get Easter Monday off, but I'm not yet sure.

So, the Guardian thinks that Anna Nicole Smith was killed by a drug overdose, sort of what we all thought. The National Enquirer on the other hand, think she was murdered by someone they have a picture of retreating down the corridor, and who made it look like an overdose. I say again, what fun it must be to write for them, and yet, I criticise based solely on the front covers that I see when standing in the supermarket queue, I've never actually opened one up.

The Graun also has a tantalising speculate on how Life on Mars might end. We too wonder this, although not on a daily basis. As with Rome, I was kind of hoping for another series, and yet, and yet, I also want to know the truth about Sam Tyler.

Back to Medusa. She's a chthonic character. Brilliant word that, in my opinion, relating to the underworld. Sort of, darker supernatural beings, which one would be, what with having venomous snakes for hair. I certainly have uncooperative hair sometimes but that's just nasty.

It's always a pity when icons of childhood are found wanting. It was bad enough when we discovered that Ribena had enough sugar to rot your teeth on contact, but no matter, Ribena came up with 'Tooth Kind' drinks. Now, two New Zealand schoolgirls, have discovered it contains no vitamin C. Whatever next. Surely to contain no vitamin C it must have been nowhere near a blackcurrant, those blackcurrants on the ads just burst with ascorbic acid.
Oh well. Those girls' science project may be costing the company $1.1 million.

3 comments:

Sleepy said...

I thought Antipodean schoolgirls got all murderous and homoerotic?

Schneewittchen said...

Hmmm..you don't think that might be caused by Ribena too do you?

Sleepy said...

I live in hope...