Monday 2 April 2007

Breathless

This might sound harsh, well, I'm sure it does, but there was an article in the Graun the other day about how Alzheimer's patients who were being given particular drugs were dying compared with others who weren't taking the drug. This was presented as being an outrage. My take on it is, let sleeping dogs lie, don't rattle their cage. We've all blogged back and forth about Alzheimer's before and really, if there's something that is dispatching them early, why the hell would you stop giving it? Just shut the hell up and hope no-on finds out. Yeah, I know they have already, but you know what I'm saying.

Colin and Justin, do I love them enough? They have a new show called 'Wedding Belles' or something like and whilst I adore them to pieces, watching a programme where they get to organise weddings, I'm sorry lads, it's just too bloody much.

The Canucks are in the playoffs and thus the painful bloody spectacle of cars going around with those little flags on either side of the car has to be endured. I dunno why it bothers me really, just you have the feeling that everything's about to get hectic. And it probably is.

The Prestige was a damn, damn fine film. We took it with us and watched it at the RV. Christian Bale was superb, Hugh Jackman was superb. Michael Caine was superb, oh goddamn it, everyone was.

I have to rush, today was my first day of full-time work. I came home at lunchtime and rang England. Then I had to take Ben to the bank to sign a form, now that I am back from work, I have to go straight out again.
Life is busy.

2 comments:

LentenStuffe said...

I agree with you on the Alzheimer's issue.

Why on earth are people compelled to wear their whimsicalities on the bumpers of their cars? I've never understood the whole bumper-sticker fad ... even the funniest ones don't bear up.

Anyway, yours is a most celebratory blog. I've surfed through the archives and can see you've got a good eye -- keen, colourful and sensitive.

Schneewittchen said...

Why thank-you sir.
The bumper stickers question is an interesting one to me because it is something someone raised last night. It seems that it is indicative of an increase in road rage that people aren't showing bumper stickers so much any more, no extra excuses are needed apparently to make idiots on the road go insane(r).