Wednesday 18 April 2007

Props

Yep, that's him. I know what you're thinking, I was that close to him but chose to take a photo. Yep. AND I had a net in my hand. The second I'd taken the picture, off he went, under the stoop. Little bugger.

This morning the temperature on the prop thermometer read 9°, by this afternoon it was almost up to 16°. By prop, I mean we have some plastic things spaced behind the fence towards the end or beginning of the trail, depending which way you go. The large thermometer is the only one that really works. And by afternoon, all our non-prop critters were out. Six turtles, huge bullfrog, snake, hummingbird, rat, squirrel, every bird we have and of course, Peter Rabbit.
Yep, they all come out in the sun. But I was fed up of having to explain that the floating piece of polystyrene in the pond wasn't in fact a ball of frogspawn, and the Christmas lights were not frogs, so after this afternoon's programmes, when I had all but lost my voice, I went back down with a fishing net and scooped them all out.

I felt rubbish when I got up, not so bad by the time I left for work, but now I feel pretty crook again. Still, that seems like a workable pattern.

Yesterday evening, tucked up in bed and dosed up, drifting into sleep, I found myself watching an episode of Absolutely Fabulous and how brilliant that series was. You don't even need to be drifting off in a medicated haze to be able to find it wonderful, it just was. Wheels on Fire and all that.
And I love that Jennifer Saunders and Dawn French turned down an OBE in 2001. No, I REALLY love that. That's class.

Tomorrow, at the Nature Park, the firemen and or kinsmen are finally going to take the last of the Christmas props away. How nice. Being positive, at least you have to admit they did it before Easter. Oh, no, that's not right, well, before Whitsun.
As Kris said to me when I gave her this info,
'We'll see.'

Just to round up on a different tack, there is a brilliantly written article in today's Guardian by Jessica Valenti from feministing.com, she makes the point about how much better her life is now that she is out, out as a feminist that is, and I can totally hear what she's saying.

And thanks to Sleepy for sending me an article showing how women's rights are being eroded in the States, while countries such as Poland and Portugal are inching forward to meet him coming back. Interesting stuff, and Sleepy also made the point to me that just as it had been pointed out that 11/09/01 was a way of hiding unpalatable news items, so this comes out in the shadow of yesterday's outrage.
Nasty, very nasty.

Time for Zebedee to come out. And in case you don't remember Zebedee, he used to appear at the end of the Magic Roundabout - you MUST remember the kiddies' show with the doped up bunny called Dylan surely - and said,
'Time for bed.'

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, there was discussion at our house about the supreme court decision today. Too bad Sandra Day O'Connor is no longer on the bench. Seems there should be a greater representation of women on the court! Why do we have men deciding these issues for woman?
Ree

Schneewittchen said...

It is a shocking indictment of any political system that allows that to happen. They have no right. And one of their greatest weapons against women is to have control over reproduction.

Anonymous said...

And yet, that is also the most misguided sense of control. People breed, all over the world. Eventually, trying to control that ends badly, and when it comes to health reasons: God help the moron MD who follows this ruling when a patient's life is at stake. DO NO HARM!

Thamkfully my oath only conflicts with money.
-k

LentenStuffe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sleepy said...

There's some good eatng in that rabbit!

Anonymous said...

Reading about the Magic Roundabout reminded me of this video clip. Sorry if it's already made the rounds - saw this a few years ago and although I never saw Rainbow, I know wish I had. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyqEPgRc6IE&search=Rainbow.

Schneewittchen said...

Ah, Rainbow. It was there just so's we could take the piss out of it. And STILL do. Thanks for that Gail :)

Sleepy said...

Bungle was SO Gay!