Wednesday 6 June 2007

Tides

It seems that data can now be teleported 89 miles. This is hailed as a breakthrough and yet seems bizarrely irrelevant to me since data can be sent almost instantaneously via cable or satellite over the internet. If I could travel this way, I wouldn't be losing sleep over teleporting.

I see a great many injustices in the world and find them difficult to cope with.

This however, isn't one of them. A young man who spent his stag night behaving inappropriately in Bratislavia has been sentenced to two months in prison and will thus miss his £20,000 wedding. Oh dear. Not only that, but Foreign Office time is being wasted dealing with this matter.
Oi, twat! You have more money than sense if you can afford a 20K wedding. And you have more money than sense if you take 13 of your imbecile mates to Bratislavia for a stag night. And, you are playing to every stereotype that Brits abroad have to fight. So personally, and this is personal, I hope you rot in there.

I learned something word related yesterday that I didn't know before. That rule, 'i before e except after c' applies to words that are pronounced 'ee'. Therefore all the things I thought were exceptions, actually aren't. This pleases me. Furthermore, I learnt that there is a correct pronunciation of neither and either, both should be pronounced with an 'I' sound.

The moon is currently in a gibbous phase, [adjective (of the moon) having the illuminated part greater than a semicircle and less than a circle] and so is moving away from full moon. So crime rates should be dropping off according to work done by the Brighton police.
And there seem to be other studies to support this, including one showing that animals are twice as likely to bite at full moon.
Then along came a bunch of scientists who said the studies were all wrong - poxy killjoys.
But then.....along came another bunch, this time from Poland, who said the full moon effect was correct after all. That's better! That's what I like to hear.

The Poles are not only supporting lunar insanity, but it seems, due to their immigration into Britain in huge numbers, look set to topple the Anglican Church from its long running number one slot and become Britain's top denomination once again - well the tide has taken several hundred years to turn, but whatever, some things you have to wait for.

Methinks that once they all arrive, they'll abandon hope just like all the rest.

1 comment:

Sleepy said...

The Stag story cracked me up!
Serves him right!