Saturday 14 July 2007

Autobots

Have I mentioned how hot it is? Oh yes, I think I may have.

Seven hours out in it today, luckily we did have a canopy and our dragons to keep us from complete frazzle.
The City Celebration was nowhere near as busy as the Salmonfest, which was a shame in many ways because there was a lot there for people to do and it was quite literally in the City Centre, turns out we have a running track there and that was where the event was.
I truly hadn't realised this was what was meant by 'the oval'. Obviously in Britain 'The Oval' is 'The Cricket Ground' but here I've only heard the expression in relation to skating. 2010, we have the Olympic skating in Richmond, so a multi-million dollar, or billion dollar or whatever, skating oval is being built.

Our dragons looked superb. We had a steady stream of kids coming to colour in scales to stick onto them. But it was bloody tiring. AND I ended up covered in sparkles, sparkles I couldn't even get off in the shower.

Anyroad. When I got back and had showered, couldn't not really, Kevin and I went out to eat at Big River, the diner opposite the cinema and then went to see the Transformers movie. This was something Kevin wanted to see and I had absolutely no interest in. I tell you this to prove that I was not pre-disposed to enjoy it.
Well it was brilliant, utterly brilliant. It's great seeing that kind of film on the big screen, but the effects were amazing, there was also some just fantastic cinematography. The dialogue, the acting, the humour, superb. Well worth seeing.

Who'd have thought?

3 comments:

Sleepy said...

Transformers?
Robots in disguise?
Jaysus!

Anonymous said...

They're more than meets the eye.

I can't wait to see it! I think we're going to have to though, until it's on DVD.

We did see Order of the Phoenix last night-- excellent!

Schneewittchen said...

Sleepy - I know! I couldn't believe it myself, but it was brilliant!

Adam, you need to see it on the big screen, try to persuade Lisa to go on separate nights, I don't think you'll regret it:)