Monday 13 August 2007

Spell-break

The spell has been broken, I feel as though I've had a three-week roller coaster ride more magical than anything Disney could have ever dreamed of. I think that Austen, Sue, Holly and Teddy have gone back with wonderful memories of where we live. I wish they could have met more of my friends, but there simply wasn't time, so they will go back not having met people they've heard about even though they were here.

Sue's tum was decidedly bigger when they left than when they arrived - ours too, though for different reasons, we have eaten non-stop. Teddy has four new teeth and Austen and Sue said that both children had increased their vocabularies.
Alex has shopped like a trooper.

But they have left a footprint here too. I can see where I live through different eyes. The waterpark across the road, the swings and play areas, I've never noticed what amazing facilities there are for young children here before.
I will continue to go to the church we attended while they were here, what a truly amazing woman the vicar is, what insight she has.

Having my family here has been like gardening. I prepared my patch of soil, planted the seeds, hoped they'd come to fruition and they did, although not always in the way I might have expected. And now I must do the tidying and garden work that you have to do in the autumn, make things ready for the winter.

I have to publish now and not wax too lyrical. Microsoft have done a good old job of brainwashing me because this Mac is driving me nuts.
Thanks again to Gail for the funny in the previous comments.

No comments: