Wednesday 5 November 2008

5th November

I'm bored with Obama already.
Inside the brave new America, California has voted to ban gay marriage. It also voted against the renewable energy bill.
Yep, it's all good.
Not.

Guy Fawkes Night, Bonfire Night, I miss it. Every back garden with its own fireworks, tomato soup and hotdogs with real sausages. And bonfires. With guys.

The skies were blue today, and there was a sprinkling of snow on the mountains.

It has been a long day, culminating with a meeting. So here's a wasps' nest, some autumn leaves and a squint down the railway tracks towards the mountains.

6 comments:

kdf said...

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/marc_malkin/b67430_ellen_degeneres_on_barack_obama_prop_8.html

'nuff said.

Sleepy said...

It was like downtown Baghdad here last night.
One cat was freaked out, the other one slept through everything.

Crisp-e and I plan to buy up a load of fireworks when they drop the prices and have one of our old fashioned Sleepy Mansions Firework Parties.
When are you over next?

Schneewittchen said...

Kevin - the comments from that article ranged from reasonable to just bloody mental. I can't believe people like that live anywhere on the planet, let alone California.

Sleepy - Just after the Tame Pharmacist's birthday.

Sleepy said...

Cool! But I don't thik we'll be able to control ourselves until then!

Schneewittchen said...

No, I don't think I would either :)

kdf said...

Warn crisp-e that it's just the witchy one this time. I heard he was a bit surprised that last time I stayed behind.