Thursday 20 November 2008

Bodyparts

Whatever is occurring in the sick, sick world?
At work, someone told me about a British guy who had committed suicide by decapitating himself with a chain saw.
And yet I couldn't find the news item either on the BBC website or the Graun one. So, I googled it - oh give me a break spellchecker, 'to google' is so a verb - and discovered that another Brit had done the same earlier in the year, an Austrian man last year, and in 2004, a man in Omaha. How grisly.

On the subject of body parts, I was also fascinated in a horror-struck sort of way, but the BBC's item about people who don't have belly buttons. This seems grotesque to me, but why? I'm not grossed out by people missing hands, limbs, eyes, and various other bits and pieces, but tummy buttons. Creepy.

Cupcakes. I have never, EVER met anyone who liked cupcakes. Seriously, what's the deal with them?

2 comments:

Sleepy said...

One of the headless blokes was from Southampton!

Cupcakes are filth.

Kateryna said...

eew