Tuesday 25 November 2008

Bristol Cities

Darkness on the edge of town.

In the UK, women have been continually harshly sentenced - and imprisoned - for petty crimes such as shoplifting. Finally, this situation is being addressed, and remedial alternatives are to be put in place.

I`m sorry, but this is really funny. I don`t know how it got past me. Reading an article about the first single mother in U.S. congress, which made me think I`d fallen through a bloody time warp into Victorian England, I mean seriously, In 2008, this is the first time?
But anyroad, I discover that the artist formerly keeping the western world amused and known as Sarah Palin, daughter thereof is called Bristol Palin. How did I not know this? And how does a young woman get through any part of life being called Bristol? I suppose there are men called Dick. And Willy. And I don't know how that works. But Bristol? And is that better or worse than Bristols? Boggling, just boggling. There is no end to this family's comedy value.

On the TV this morning, Dr. Art told us that a new study suggests that 20% of breast cancers would disappear if no treatment were given. That came with the rider that treatment was not going to stop for anyone.
Interesting though.

2 comments:

Sleepy said...

Aren't the other kids as equally badly named?
Flopsy, Plumber and Twix or something.

Schneewittchen said...

Nope. Sorry. Unless the others are called Titty and Boobie, their names are just not in the same category of embarrassing.