Thursday 27 November 2008

Snowy Lions

Fuck. It was one thing when we were behind Québec, Newfieland, Nova Scotia and Ontario, but now we're bloody well lagging behind Manitoba. That's it. BC is officially lamer than Manitoba. Bollocks. Oh, sorry, Manitoba is banning in-car cell-phone use.

I was pleased to see that two women won a sexual harassment case in the City of London. This was about more than just the two women, it's a clear shot across the bows of sexism in financial institutions and shows that the appalling behaviour shown in the series 'Mad Men' still goes on, but will not be tolerated.
Well done ladies and thank-you for taking the trouble to challenge it.

Heston Blumenthal, the anally-retentive chef, is just too much for me. I get the point, he makes dishes that other people do, but in extremis. And in the right place and setting (ie when it behoves me), I can enjoy pretension, but Blumie really, really, makes me feel that life's too short and that Waitrose is a mere 8,000 kilometres away.
I was, however, as intrigued as the food and drink section of the Graun, to know how he might be able to devise a menu for under a tenner for the Little Chef. (Roadside diner). It almost makes me want to actually GO to a Little Chef, and generally it's only desperation and the need for toilets that make me venture into one.

Ok. Second thing I was pleased to read about is that the whole Proposition 8 fiasco is far from over. The nazis of California are to be challenged in the courts and quite right too. The go ahead has even been given BY the courts to challenge IN the courts. This is not a gay issue, this is a human rights issue. And it's not a Californian issue, it's a global one.
Let the games commence. And let them not end until prejudice and backward thinking - closed minds, lie bleeding on the floor.

1 comment:

Sleepy said...

Bloody Hell!
I can't believe they haven't banned that shit yet!