Thursday 6 November 2008

Storm

This picture was from before the storm.

Today the rain came. Sweeping, hammering rain that soaked and filled and made the world private.
Beautiful, terrible rain.

That Dexter effect I talked about - this quote (from UPI) from my friend Michael,

"MIAMI, Nov. 2 (UPI) -- For the first time since May 1966, Miami went more than a month without a single homicide the city's police detectives say.

"That's an amazing thing," said Lt. John Buhrmaster, a Miami homicide investigator. "It's a great record when people are not killing each other."

The last homicide occurred Sept. 26 with the shooting death of 26-year-old Demetrius Sherman, The Miami Herald reported, noting Miami, so far, has had 55 homicides in 2008 as compared with 87 in all of 2007.

The lack of recent homicides has allowed detectives to investigate other cases, such as the deaths Friday of three migrants who drowned after jumping from a grounded cargo ship near Fisher Island, the Herald reported. "

I have a cough as a reminder of being unwell a few weeks ago, not much of one, but every so often it just catches in my throat and then it gets going.
I laughed so much during 30 Rock, that the damn cough nearly carried me off.
It's not always true that laughter is the best medicine.

7 comments:

Sleepy said...

Demetrius Sherman!
You would have thought at least an '-opolous' in the surname.
Sherman!


Word Verification = undie... I swear!

Anonymous said...

I don't get (yes, I'm a tiche slow) how it would be the Dexter effect - I would think more people would want to go out and kill people from watching the show.
- Karen

Sleepy said...

Tiche? Explain this unit of measurement please.


W.V = excithi... I'm frightened now.

Schneewittchen said...

Sleepy - because I live here, I have worked this out. SOME ppl here (tho not those with the minutest amount of education) pronounce the word 'niche' as 'nitch' as opposed to niche as in quiche. Ergo, I think Karen may believe that 'titch' as in 'Titch and Quackers' or 'titchy', is spelt 'tiche'. But I'm just guessing. Or extrapolating or something.

Karen - I understand from what you said last week, that you didn't really get Dexter. Dexter KILLS serial killers. Or maybe cereal killers, or just killers in general. So...if you were contemplating a homicide in Miami, you might want to think twice (or two times for anyone who is only on page three of 'English for Dummies')in case Dexter is really out there. And yes, people do believe TV characters are real. I myself believe Barack Obama is real.

Sleepy said...

Aaah.. The scales fall.

Kateryna said...

"Sweeping, hammering rain that soaked and filled and made the world private."


beautifully poetic

Schneewittchen said...

Thank-you Kat :)I