Tuesday 11 January 2011

Snow Chasing

Magic. TV has started up again. It has been barren over Christmas.
Except....whilst writing this, I have let the ads run, and there is a trailer for a new TV series on Space - 'Being Human', only...not 'Being Human' as we know it, this seems to have completely different actors in it...American ones.
Sigh.

The weather, not so co-operative. Yesterday, I schlepped over to Surrey to visit my friend in hospital. The sky looked positively pregnant with snow and lo, as I came out, snow flakes were falling. Later in the day I went out in Richmond, and the same thing happened. But did it come to anything? Did it heck as like. Or, in layperson's terms, no.

Kevin is in Texas, which sounds cool and groovy, but in fact he had to leave at 5 yesterday morning and returns at midnight tonight. In between those times, he has had to travel between airport, hotel and vendor, and apart from the airport, none of it seems to be in a major city. Also, the airport is called 'George Bush Intercontinental'. Hmmm. I believe a Texan sized steak dinner was involved somewhere, but I'm not sure that makes it all worthwhile.

I have just finished reading a book called 'The Help' by Kathryn Stockett. Absolutely brilliant. A real page turner and thought provoking too.

Human Trafficking Awareness day. Makes horrifying reading.

No comments: