Sunday 19 November 2006

Frosting

The recent heavy rain has fallen as snow on the mountains and suddenly I am aware of them again. They look so beautiful with their snowy frosting. Or at least they did yesterday, today they are hidden behind thick raincloud.

We were surprised to find out through national news reports, how bad things are in British Columbia. Easy for me to say, living in sunny Richmond, we get 30% less rain even than Vancouver, just across the bridge. Parts of BC have suffered loss of power and contamination of water supplies since the heavy rains of last Wednesday and more expected today.

Meanwhile, the show must go on and today is Grey Cup day. This is the final of the Canadian Football season. I'm not quite sure how many teams are involved in the CFL, there certainly seem to be a limited number of Canadian hockey teams in the NHL so I would expect even fewer Canadian Football teams. Yeah well, I won't persist, having been told off about writing about football, I get Canadian Football even less.
I will just mention however that Canada played Wales at rugby the other day, Austen told me this. I feel this shows true grit on the part of the Canadians, like David and Goliath. Unlike D&G though, no, not Dolce and Gabbana, in this case the giant won. Wales would probably have had to go into mourning otherwise.

I'm pretty pissed off with the British Press in general right now for misreporting the interview between Tony and old hack David Frost. Gordon Bennett, Frost must be about 110 by now, why does he refuse to die?
However, the BBC reportage starts as badly as any but at least then goes on to correct itself, which I'm pleased about since they are in my good books for providing so many good proggies for me to watch on BBC Canada.

One Frosting nobody needs.

No comments: