Sunday 26 November 2006

Lagging

I'm lagging, I'm flagging, never had jetlag this bad before. I'm also missing snow back in Richmond BC, my most favourite weather condition of all.

However, in ample and over-compensation I had the most rip-roaring time at Sleepy's last night. The troops were summoned, drink was flowing, as ever chez Sleepy, very freely. It was the best of times with the best of people, warm, funny, welcoming, and had Tom Cruise's lawyers had any way of listening in, we'd be in a lot of trouble now. But they don't, so we're not.

Crisp-e and 'Chelle dropped me at the end of Albert Road so I was able to wander down the road that never sleeps, enjoying the noise and busy-ness.

In contrast to the snow that I begrudge them back in Richmond, it's too bloody warm for me here at the moment, I have had to go out without my jacket in order to tolerate the temperature. Ah the sunny south, well, apart from the sunny bit, although she did put her hat on and come out at some point today.

Alex and Ben have been here for the weekend, but they have now gone back to their various colleges/unis. I will miss them but I'm off to Norwich to see my sister tomorrow anyway.

4 comments:

Sleepy said...

Had a fantastic night!
Thank you for sharing some of your time with us!
Have a safe trip to Norwich

Anonymous said...

I'm crossing my fingers that my school will be closed tomorrow -i don't count on it though - money is king to our owner. But other schools are closed!
Enjoy the warmth - there won't be any black ice! I LOVE LONDON AND ITS ENVIRONS. You is lucky.
By the way, my suggestion to let Doreen stay and do poetry in our writers group was met with a no from Anne. Too bad.
And I'm having a housewarming on Saturday. Too bad you won't be here! Your significants are certainly invited though.
- Karen

Schneewittchen said...

How sweet of you to organise that during my absence Karen.
You were of course invited to Sleepy's had you happened to be in Pompey at that time.

Sleepy said...

Totally! The kitchen table seats eight, ten if you're friendly!

Postpone your party!
Wait for The Return Of The Schnee!