Tuesday 28 November 2006

London bound

This will be quick, it's almost six thirty and Amanda and I are leaving at seven thirty to go up to town.
Yesterday we met up with my sister's best friend from school, whose own sister was living in Vancouver until this summer, but it was nice to see Thea again and we had lunch in a little pub.
My sister took me to see the village where our friends Beth and Dave used to live, who now live in Vancouver. That is worth a second look sometime, very quaint and English villagey indeed.

Today I'll meet up with Alex and we'll do some Londony stuff, although since she has some actual uni work to do, not too much, then back to Pompey. I'm posting while I still have the wonderful wireless connection here.

The weather still causes havoc in the Lower Mainland BC, not to mention Seattle I understand, but here, where I was promised biting wind from Siberia, can't even wear a jacket still.

Toodle pip. Must get my stuff together.

4 comments:

Sleepy said...

Hope you have a mask and a Stab vest!

Anonymous said...

Think of me if you are driving though the Hindhead traffic lights on the A3. In 2011 there will be a £370 million tunnel (current estimate) to take you under Hindhead and I am partly to blame! As announced by UK government on 27/10/06, work starts in January 2007. Campaigning over a Hindhead by-pass has been a part of my life for just under 20 years so far...

Sleepy said...

Nice one Nigel! Needed that for a long time. Saw some mental Road Rage at those traffic lights.

On a school trip I got left behind at the Devil's Punchbowl Cafe! (Slipped away for a smoke)
The coach got as for as Guildford and the church where the Omen was filmed, before my tutor realised I wasn't there.
I think the church was a subliminal message!

Schneewittchen said...

Yeehaa, finally Blogger is letting me comment on my own blog. This is what I tried to say before, but couldn't.

"Wow, I do remember your Hindhead campaign Nigel, how phenomenal that it is actually going to come to pass.
On t'other hand, when I'm travelling alone in this country I take advantage of greener methods of transport since we have such a fantastic public transport system here. On Friday however, I will be going up the A3 with Sue and the kids, so I'll send you some good vibes:)
Nice work btw."