Monday 25 February 2008

R2D2

Here's the Tina Fey clip from SNL. It's good. It's so good that it was briefly on YouTube and then NBC snatched it off.

I know the photo of these birds isn't great, but I had to take it and I wished at the time that photos had the option of coming with soundtrack. These sounded like a little quarrel of R2D2s.

Although I don't have long to blog today, I did want to mention the article from yesterday's Observer that most caught my attention. And I have no idea why it was on the front page yesterday, since it was an article from 2004. It concerned a Pentagon report which was to be presented to George Bush, setting out the real fears scientists had - and of course still have - about climate change. The report is not just scary, it's petrifying. Four years later, Dubya hasn't taken a single step to address any of the issues in it.
Until today - finally the US is ready to set some goals on climate. Too little, too late? Well I guess we'll all have to wait and see if we are alive in ...ooh, what was it, oh yes, twelve years' time.

2 comments:

Sleepy said...

Bitch is the new black!

Class!

Schneewittchen said...

Innit!