Thursday 21 February 2008

Squirrels

Beautiful day. I don't want to wish winter away, but today smelt like spring and it was dazzling.

Christmas is a time for others, for family, friends, sociability.
Lent is a time for self. Learning about, pushing, challenging self.

Yesterday at the Lent talk, we learnt about the historical Christ. Not very much that I hadn't learnt in RE lessons at school. But then that's what I learnt - that we had RE lessons at school and that the judges, the prophets, the kings, the historical Jesus had always been with me.
Next week we get the Rabbi, but I have Science Jam. I need to get my Lent head round that one. I have to do Science Jam, but I want to hear the Rabbi.

Today we trapped a squirrel. Not we, they. We're practising squirrel Apartheid, we're bussing the grey and black ones out, we're keeping the pretty orange ones like this one.
It seems they're suckers for peanut butter.

The latest bollocks in the whole 'we should all apologise for history' saga, is that Manitoba Frist Nations want the Queen to apologise for something the Canadian Government did 100 years ago.

Huh.
Hope the squirrels don't hear about it.

4 comments:

Sleepy said...

She can do it!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2008/02/22/queen-writes-apology-letter-to-girl-bitten-by-swan-89520-20327400/

Sleepy said...

Bugger!

Schneewittchen said...

Ah..:)
Here's the link.

Sleepy said...

Ta!