Tuesday 6 January 2009

At YVR

Why, I wonder, is air travel not more relaxing. I mean here I am, in a bloody lovely lounge, clean, big windows through which I can see enormous and thus fascinating aeroplanes, there is a HUGE-screen HD TV showing News broadcasts - and I can see the point of a very large screen in an airport lounge. I have my travel bag full of divertimento, books, magazines, my laptop, and there are a few little shops within easy striking distance, including a café.
Blimey, and I have just realised that I actually am online.
Ok, well, already we know that the flight to Montréal is delayed by an hour and there are no seats on any other flights for those of us going on to London, so we have to hope that our flight leaving Montréal is also delayed. We're at the mercy of...oh, who knows what bizarre forces.
Huh.

1 comment:

kdf said...

It's not relaxing because I'm still stuck here. However, online without the $11/hr fees is a minor miracle.