Tuesday 20 January 2009

Bonzer

I'm off to London town in a few minutes, and then to Brighton tomorrow, so I'll be without internet for a couple of days.
Shucks, how did our forbears manage?

This morning, I took Teddy and Ellie to the Southsea Natural History Museum, and what an amazing find this was. Considering what a tiny town Southsea itself is, to find a tiny museum as well set out as this is well, just bonzer. Dunno why I went all Aussie there, but there you go.

It was also fun to revisit some of the streets around where I used to live - albeit at as top speed I could manage whilst pushing a buggy. And of course to see the sea. You beaut. Urgh, it happened again.

I have almost finished reading a book that everyone needs to read, 'The Bookseller of Kabul'. It is strangely written, since in translation, but it expands if you like, from firsthand experience, the peek we get at Kabul from 'The Kite Runner' and 'A Thousand Splendid Suns'. And Oh.My.God. I intend to write more about this extraordinarily powerful book, but right now, Fratton station beckons,

Anyhoo, no updates until Thursday.
Toodle Pip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have added the book to my reading list...thank you! I'm envious of your g'baby time--enjoy! Dawn