Tuesday 6 January 2009

Preparations

So, off to Mighty Blighty in the am. Hopefully. You know how 'they' always tell you not to fret about the things you can't do anything about? Yeah, well, I can't do that. So, I have to change planes at Montreal with only 50 minutes in between. What could possibly go wrong?
Watch this space, and if nothing else appears, I'm doing a Tom Hanks at Trudeau airport.

Before that, I have to pack a mountain into two small suitcases. Good thing I've got that Mary Poppins thing working. Maybe. We'll see.

Today the rain came, big, persistent, pounding rain. So now the snow and the rain are battling it out, to date, neither is winning, but the roads are a shocking mess. Our car park at work was in its worst ever state. The car literally rocked across it like a small boat. I had a last few items to buy, chocs, a Bible, some peanut butter. The usual stuff, bit like the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy's towel really. And in fact, I was astonished to find that you could actually buy a version of the Bible called, 'The Backpacker's Bible'. But I didn't. Although... it did look like a rather fancy Filofax. Hmm...which nowadays is a Blackberry I guess.

I love that you can check-in online now and just print off your own boarding pass. That takes away some of the annoy-dom of the whole process. I could have had it sent to my mobile phone by SMS, but I'm not quite there yet.

Ah well.

Still waiting for an Epiphany.

1 comment:

Sleepy said...

Whoo Hoo!
See you soon.