Sunday 11 January 2009

Normal Connectivity

I'm such a wimp when the part of my life that is held on the laptop aren't functioning properly. I claim the jetlag amendment.
Last night I was awake at four something, but then went back to sleep around 7.30 ish. When I woke up, I knew what to do to cure the network blues. Ok, I knew because Kevin had told me about four times, but Gott sei Dank, it worked.

Yesterday we went to the Natural History Museum. This is an absolutely amazing National Resource, and free too. Because of those two things, and the ice-carving competition going on outside, by mid-afternoon, it was intolerably crowded and so we left and looked for a café. Sadly, those were all intolerably crowded too.

In the evening we all went to an Italian Restaurant, which in my opinion, is rather suitable for family dinners. We ate well. By the time we got home, all the kids were asleep in the car and Alex and I rushed off to buy some Baileys before the offie closed.

Today we took it easy. A gentle wander as far as Waitrose. A party tea for Teddy when his grandpa came round, and some collaborative essay writing with Alex. Sue made this AMAZING cake.
I offer some photographic proof of a couple of these activities.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you finally made it there. wanted to let you know that Marie's service was beautiful and touching (for some reason I only had brought one tissue). Learned lots about her life and how much her children, grandchildren and everyone loved her. and also that she liked to cheat and read the ending of a book first.
- Karen

Sleepy said...

Cheery one Karen!

I'm green with envy. I love that museum!
That cake is a blinder, is it all gone?!

Schneewittchen said...

Karen - Glad you went, she was a really nice lady.

Sleepy - It's mostly still intact :)
The museum needs more visiting for sure, you'd be in a good position to go up there because you're more flexible with time. I think Saturday wasn't the best day. But you could easily spend a day. There are four eateries in there! Drag Sassy up some time. There's no shortage of brasseries around there either, being in the vicinity of the French Embassy and such like.

Sleepy said...

Oh yes! She'd like been sat viewing well dressed embassy workers!

Save me a slice of that cake!

Sleepy said...

Too wrecked to correct 'been'...