Saturday 17 January 2009

Saturday

January is speeding along, as is my trip.
I met up with my friend Karen today. The two of us have known each other since Infant School and now we're middle-aged ladies. Well, almost middle-aged. I realised as we said goodbye, that I probably wouldn't see her again this year.

Elsewhere in the world, silliness continues unabated. The F-Word blog reports that the American Life League is accusing the Krispy Kreme doughnut company of secretly coding a pro-abortion message into their promotion to mark Obambi's inauguration. 'A free doughnut of choice to every customer,' apparently in fact means, 'get your abortion doughnut here.'
What?
I know.
You couldn't make this stuff up, but clearly someone else could.

From Sleepy's blog, I get the story of the ridiculous Pope Satan the first and his idiocy last year in re-introducing a latin prayer for Good Friday to pray for the conversion of the Jews. Presumably those of them left after the Nazi party he was briefly a junior member of, had finished a different way of making sure there were fewer.
There has also been talk of beatifying the Pope who did nothing to stop the holocaust. Don't mention the war then.
What intense silliness.

I read in the Graun, that 'Wetlands', a novel recently translated from the German has been published in English. The author, or anti-heroine or whatever she is, advises us to dibble our fingers in our womanly juices and dab it behind our ears. This, it seems, has an amazing effect on those you meet and greet by kissing on both cheeks. I bet it does.
'Eeuw,' would be my response, 'get away from me.'

No comments: