Saturday 10 June 2006

123

...and, I'm back in the room. A long but uneventful flight, Got sei Dank, although the staff at Heathrow did seem to be being unusually anal about pre-boarding security. Way more third degree about leaving the country than I had coming back in.

The in-flight films at first glance seemed rather uninspiring, 'King Kong', 'Sleepless in Seattle' and 'Rumour has it', a film with Jennifer Aniston and Kevin Costner, but as it turned out, I had never actually seen Sleepless and it was moderately enjoyable and the Jennifer Aniston one was a gem. I find her to be such an amazingly good actor, and this was a good vehicle for her to show her skills. Considering it was a) a romantic comedy and b) had Kevin Costner in it, honestly, it was a well made film with a lot going for it, not least of all two fabulous grandes dames Shirley MacLaine and Kathy Bates.

I was very relieved to get away from the current heatwave in Britain, arriving late afternoon in Vancouver it was pleasantly sunny without being uncomfortably hot.

Anyway, I've had a good night's sleep, thanks to the great god Nytol and I will be back in the saddle (and make of that what you will) later on today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELCOME HOME. GLAD YOU'RE BACK, MY FRIEND.AR

Anonymous said...

well now i can breathe normally again. Jennifer Aniston? hmmm. for me she's one step up from Priscilla Barnes from Three's Company.
my tooth hurts
Karen