Tuesday 10 October 2006

Funnybone

I gave my funnybone such a clonk on the towel rail yesterday I was hopping around wincing for what seemed like hours, but was probably a couple of minutes. Whoever named the funnybone was cruising for a bruising in my opinion.

Sleepy has been keeping me amused with little snippets from the internet. Yesterday she had discovered a little YouTube clip of my very own eldest son actually rapping in the middle of a lesson.

And then today, she sent this very funny parody from the DeadBrain website. I'm loving that.

We saw 'The Family Stone' yesterday. I had mentally earmarked it as a 'fit for in-flight only' movie, but we ended up watching it. I was quite struck by how good Sarah Jessica Parker was in it. Of course I loved Sex and the City, but I never really thought of her as particularly good. I had underestimated both SJP and the movie, both were quite subtly played, not the usual shouting stereotypes, an interesting look at behaviour.

Another film to recommend is 'Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang'. Quirky, complex, engaging. And now that Val Kilmer's older and fatter - doesn't seem to take himself so seriously and I enjoyed his performance in this.

On TV and on the subject of humour, [Studio 60 Spoiler coming up] the Studio 60, Sunset Strip team did some material on their version of the weekend news, which was already on the internet. It all worked out OK in the end, although it was interesting to see the machinations that went on trying to sort the mess out, but the guy who was responsible wasn't sacked. We thought he should have been sacked, people in other jobs are sacked for far less.
I decided to look up 77 Sunset Strip, which I remember from childhood, but when I did I wondered how the hell I could have remembered it from then since the show ran from 1958 until 1964. So I was only seven when it ended. On the other hand, I can actually remember where I was, EXACTLY where I was when JFK died, or rather the reporting thereof. Obviously I was watching TV, but I can remember watching it.

We went to see the Trailer Park Boys movie on Saturday. The turnout was pretty disappointing considering what a phenomenon TPB has become, the film however, was funny.

3 comments:

Sleepy said...

SJP is just too skinny to be looking at.

The youtube clip is gold!! 24 carat! hehehe!

Anonymous said...

Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang has Michelle Monaghan in it... I did her first modeling photo shoot, back in... must have been about 1988 or so.

Karemay said...

Wow! what a fab 'rap'. Wish my teachers had been more like Austen.