Monday 16 October 2006

Howl

Is that Tim Burton-ish or what? We've been setting up for our Halloween programme today, Halloween Howl. We have the haunted house all ready and the creatures and props all lined up and Lori and Jo have rehearsed with me as prompt. Really I love all the programmes we've done so far, but this one is going to be great - and very intense from now until the 31st of October. The other volunteer comes in tomorrow afternoon though so I'll get an afternoon off.

It is odd to be able to drive the car on my own again, what has changed? Absolutely nothing about my driving, the being blocked from it for a month and a half is just bizarre when you think about it from that point of view. I was allowed to drive, then I wasn't, now I am. I have a few errands to catch up with, and it makes it easier with getting Laurence to work in the morning. I'm hoping I'm not going to get lazy again and stop walking as much as before.

An annoyance that I'm sure other people must be experiencing at the moment is a new type of spam. I had trained the Thunderbird junkmailer to my satisfaction, to the extent that mostly the junk wasn't getting through, but the other stuff was. Now this new multi-coloured garbage is showing up and I am having to sort through it all again.

Since mushrooms have been occupying my thoughts recently, due to their abundance around the park, I was interested to see that a mushroom expert from the Royal Edinburgh Botanic Gardens has issued a warning to those going out foraging. It seems there have been some rather unusual ones popping up and he wants to remind us that we could end up dead if not careful. But the article ends on a positive note, because mushrooms can also apparently save us from deadly diseases. So where edible fungus is concerned, we walk the line.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

keep up the walking. I've walked home a couple of times from work - about 70 minutes - and not only am I saving bus fare(so I can spend more on bus traps, but that's a different story)but I find walking a great activity - gentle on the body and actually good cardio when done fast. in fact, meet me one day downtown and we'll walk to my house and then have Crystal Light lemonade.
- Karen