Saturday 27 December 2008

Christmas - dritten Tag

So. Boxing Day. How did it end? Not so well, and then well.

First off, around 23.30 - we notice that the neighbour has two cars parked bang outside our garage door, thus no egress should I need to, and this means also that they are in front of two other cars in the visitor parking - who could have to move and in a firelane.
I went out and took pictures. Then I went back in my garage and honked the car horn until FINALLY the neighbour comes out. Two young men scurry out and move the cars, but in a way that suggests they are waiting for me to move my car and will then re-park as they were.
'It's a fire lane,' say I. He responds with a stream of one of the Chineses. 'What's the point of that?' say I, 'it's a fire lane.' More Chineseish. I wait. Finally the younger men move off and park their vehicles elsewhere.
But before I've made it up the stairs, one is back, so I go down again and re-state that it's a fire lane and therefore an offence to park there. More Chinese. But I stand my ground, taking another picture of the re-parker, which prompts one of them to take a picture of me (not committing any offence) on a phone-cam.
Shucks.
They go in and close their garage.

When I did get to bed however, Kevlar (I'm banned from calling him this, ergo, I'll just do it the once and never more) had got the Gavin and Stacey Christmas Special set up on the TV in the bedroom, so all was well that ended well.

Today - well, the high spot of the day, bearing in mind my supreme sports' filter, was meeting the cup of His Excellency the Earl Grey. (Canadian Football League Grey Cup for anyone who doesn't know what it is.)
Cool huh?

3 comments:

Sleepy said...

A strange breed the Chinese.

That cup is something else!

Schneewittchen said...

I know! Apparently it's the oldest sporting cup that has been in continual use. It's as old as Canada itself - the political Canada, not the geographical one. They are going to have to extend it to get more names on it.

Sleepy said...

That's so cool!
Even cooler that you met someone who actually won it!