Monday 8 December 2008

Dori and Dawn

I do have stuff to write about, but it can wait until tomorrow.

Tonight I just want to remember a woman I have never met, Dori Henderson who died today at the age, I think, of 49.

But her sister, Dawn, is a dear friend that I have known for forty years now and so I can grieve because I know how hard this has been for my friend and her family.
Dori was only diagnosed with cancer (quoting from her CaringBridge site) "...the week before Labor Day..." and I certainly remember Dawn first mentioning it to me in early September. It has been a swiftly progressing and aggressive illness, and I know through my friend Dawn, that Dori's family, her husband, her two children and of course, parents and siblings, have been devastated by the speed at which she was taken from them.

Dawn, I know you'll read this at some time, may God give you and your family the strength you need at this most dreadful time, and may you dear sister Rest in Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God bless your caring spirit. Dawn