Friday 5 December 2008

Club Penguin

I am making virtually no preparations for Christmas, I'm going to England for two weeks in January, so I figure it'll all be done then. And yet....I seem to have a plethora of to-do lists - many Christmas-related. Still, I do like my lists, I find them very motivating.

I was up at 6 this morning, in order to drive Laurence into Vancouver. In spite of feeling like a real weed, because I have friends who don't get in from work until that time, I considered myself hard done-by to have to drag myself out of bed. Admittedly, that is easier to do on a Friday than any other weekday.
The compensation for this however, was that I left the house at 7 and was back by 7.35. Sweet. And on the way back, the sky was beginning to lighten. It's exciting watching two cities come to life.

This week has seen the start of a new programme at work. And it is a fairly new programme, so not tried and tested over many years. I play Mother Nature and have to prepare the Park for the onset of winter, whilst Jill Frost wants to go straight from summer to winter. The past two days, the programme has been really well received and it's nice to see the kids really enjoying it.

You know how in TV soaps, men often discover children they never knew they had? Well it turns out I have a child I never knew I had, Ryan. I have discovered Ryan because he has twice joined 'Club Penguin' and Club Penguin have e-mailed me, his mother, to activate his account. I feel bad. BUT....I'm a sucker for Penguins, so as long as he can remember either his password or who he sent the details to, he'll be able to 'get a penguin'.
This clearly differs from the old ads that told us to p-p-pick up a penguin, then lick the chocolate off and nosh it.

3 comments:

Kateryna said...

oh exciting to travel!

I don't have a good reason for not having very much Christmas decorations out.

I have one shelf with stuff on it. I do have an ancient digi cam. Maybe I will try to make it take a good indoor photo.


I am even dragging my feet over a tree. poo

Schneewittchen said...

I haven't had a tree since I came to Canada. We have a couple of small fake ones, and I think a couple of years ago I did rip all the shit off one of them and put it up. This year I have both up - and even decorated. And I'm pleased, even though the one looks like a little, drunken, Charlie Brown tree.

Kateryna said...

ah Charle Brown trees are the best.

I wish I could find an ornament hanger shaped like a tree or one of those spiral trees.