Saturday 6 December 2008

Pillocks

Whatever is occurring? Boris Johnson, Mayor of London, professional pillock and all round twonk, ballsed up already? Dear, oh dear, oh dear. No-one saw that coming. Much.

According to New Scientist, although they didn't mention us personally, have endorsed our choice of car last year. We couldn't cough up for a hybrid, nor did it tick the important 'hatchback' box for us, but it seems that the manual fuel-efficient small car is the best you can do for the environment - well, short of not having a car at all.

How green is green? Is applewhite as green as avocado? What does that even mean? No idea.
But...I have been agonising over whether to send physical Christmas cards, or should I go electronic?
I decided that I should aim for electronic, maybe for next year, but I am doing better than I was. Here, people don't seem to send cards to absolutely everyone they know the names of, so I am being MORE green than I was. Applewhite then.

In the season of the perpetual party, is it better to be an 'and guest' or a 'plus one'? Hmm? I'm thinking 'and guest' has more status. My friend, who wanted to attend a do and bring another friend, was annoyed at the 'and spouse' invite. I can't understand why she didn't just take the friend, but she had a point.

On the radio yesterday morning, they were playing that modern classic, 'Wonderwall'. Now, believe you me, I am no Oasis fan. I think they're barely human and not particularly talented, but when the DJ, let me say again, the DJ, whose job it is to...well, be a DJ and have a more extensive musical knowledge than the hoy palloy said to the other,'Wonderwall, that's what, by Oasis isn't it?' I had to just shake my head.

I'm so fed up of those fecking e-mails that keep coming round with some blethering old shite. Like, for example, the old 'Britain has dropped the Holocaust from the National Curriculum because the Muslims didn't believe it happened' crapola. Bullshit.
Another one keeps appearing, that we are supposed to send on to other Canadians, telling immigrants to feck off and go back home because some Hindus wanted to be able to sing the National Anthem in Hindu.
Well firstly, arseholes, the English language version is flagrantly sexist and needs to be updated, and secondly, don't send it to me, I am an immigrant.
Fuckwits.

3 comments:

Kateryna said...

What is with these D.J's! although I have never listened to Oasis. I have and I admit listened to Adam Ant on occassion.

btw, nice tree.

Schneewittchen said...

Oh, no Adam Ant - those were the days!

The tree is between the church and the church hall, and I don't think I've managed to capture how pretty it is with its bare branches and simple lights.

Kateryna said...

yes you did :)