Tuesday 10 February 2009

Flurries

Flurries, we've had flurries. Tantalising speckles of snow blowing around sporadically. We woke up to a sprinkle like the icing sugar on a Victoria Sponge.

Yes, more snow news. May the beat go on.

Frank Spencer - remember him ? I can't say I ever enjoyed that show, but I think my mother must have done, because it was on in the house. 'Some Mothers do 'ave 'em.'
It's just that...I can't help thinking about him whenever I see Obama on TV. Of course, he'd have to get an old mac and a beret...but that's a look that could work for him.

Politics in Israel are usually interesting for reasons other than who's in charge, but not so this week. Has there ever been such a closely run election? And they could end up with, in fact the likely winner seems to be, Tzipi Livni, who has already stirred up much interest as foreign leader. In fact, dare I say it, Tzipi's position at the moment, is not dissimilar to that of Kanzlerin Merkel after the German elections.

No comments: