Tuesday 17 February 2009

Ho-Hummus

I do love me some hummus, and I love the one I make at home even more than any I can buy. This may seem obvious to most, but my cookery skills fall somewhere below my skills at speaking Russian, and the ONLY thing I can say in Russian is, 'I do not speak Russian.' Which...COULD come in handy some day, especially if I'm about to be involved in some freak taser incident involving the Russian police.

But, much as I enjoyed the film 'Don't Mess with the Zohan', and I really did enjoy it until my sides ached, Adam Sandler has slightly tainted my enjoyment of hummus. When I eat it now, I can't help thinking about Zohan brushing his teeth with it and putting under his pits.

So today, my new Dragons programme had its first outing. And I have to say, it was enthusiastically received. The teacher loved the interactive poem based activity, then the dragon hunt on the trails, the kids loved the large coroplast dragons we put out, and a good time, it seemed, was had by all. Except that we overran slightly, and then the other group got lost.
Not lost exactly, just missed the turning and went off on another trail. I call that lost, but whatevs.

Yesterday, after the 'Love the Planet' programme, a kid asked me if I were really Mother Nature.
'No, just Janis,' I said.

So, Obambi's protectionism is already beginning to bite. It seems that tightening of cross border security has meant a scarcity for the Heroin trade and this has driven the price up. There is some huge gang war going on. Every morning on the news there is a new shooting. Yesterday a young woman was shot dead whilst driving her car with her four-year-old kid in the back. A targeted shooting apparently. That's the code.
The mean streets of East Van and Surrey are not safe to drive if you are a drug runner.
The mean streets of Richmond aren't safe to drive because of the drivers, but that's another story, and one which I've whinged about a lot.

2 comments:

Sleepy said...

Hummus and Pitta bread; can't be beaten as a starter, middle or an end.

Schneewittchen said...

I'm more a fan of the raw veggies, but either way, hummus is yummers.