Saturday 13 October 2007

Bhangra and Chocolate

We test drove the Honda Fit today. And it was mighty fine, mighty fine indeed.

We also asked about the eco rebate, there seemed to be some debate about it. One guy said that it had been offered on the manual transmission Civic, another the manual transmission Fit, but it seems that the government is still prevaricating in any case.

It feels unseasonably warm again today, to walk down to the Auto Mall, neither of us could wear a jumper and I reinstated my summer sandals.

I'm mildly amused at the notion of a 'British-Asian Glastonbury' that goes on in West London, not least because it is apparently the springboard from which Bhangra is set to go global. And why not, Bhangra is quite peppy, I don't mind it occasionally, but the problem I have with it is that there isn't much variety. I have noticed that it is played a lot in our local fruit and veg store, but it always sounds the same, however long you're in there.

At the same time as researching cars, we have been researching airlines. We hope to book our flights on Monday. Oddly, at the moment, the scheduled flights are looking like a better prospect than the charters.

The most exciting news today however, even more exciting than driving the Fit, is that the Guardian reports that next week is Chocolate Week. My, my, I wonder how I'm going to celebrate something as seriously celebratable as Chocolate. I have a few ideas, but I'm sure more will come to me.
Sweet.

2 comments:

Karemay said...

Chocolate week, yummy. Matt bought some chocolate bubble one Christmas, I only bathed once in it as it made me feel really sick. I think I'll stick to eating it.

Schneewittchen said...

I'm with you on that Karen, I'm not too fond of toiletries that smell of chocolate, like that Thierry Mugler perfume that became very popular.
Anyhoo, chocolate is best eaten, or drunk! (with friends at Gunwharf:)