Thursday 18 October 2007

Groove

The groove, the rut, I walk to work, then back again through the rain, I graze then settle down to watch TV.

The second episode of Exes and Ohs was yet another tour round Vancouver. I'm surprised you can move in this town for film crews.
Of course it's set in Seattle.
I was amused by 'The Big Book of Lesbians' and in case anyone didn't get it, the café was called 'Beevers'.
It's tongue-in-cheek or ....... wherever, of course.

So, scientists have discovered another M class planet, and it's only 20 light years away. Perhaps we could twin with them. But I find it comforting to think that maybe we're not alone, even if we're only at the point of realising there are other planets out there that could be habitable.
If there were beings, if Gliese 581c had life on it, how would the different environment define that life? There is a whole different mind-set to being a race of intelligent beings with a year of 365¼ days than of just 13.

It absolutely appalls me that the Taliban are so twisted and perverted that they think it's ok to send suicide bombers to kill Ms. Bhutto. I hope that somehow she can be strengthened by this. Those vile, vile people need to be exterminated like the vermin that they are.
Not so long since General Musharraf was telling Britain who they could give Honours to.

But when looking at the domestic affairs of other countries, I'm pretty interested to see how things work out between Sarko and some of the leading French unions. He says he's going to stand firm, so we'll have to wait and see, but in the meantime, his divorce from Cécilia has just been announced, so he has plenty to contend with.

1 comment:

Sleepy said...

Argentina 34 -- France 10

It doesn't get better than that!

My cup runneth over!