Wednesday 17 October 2007

Slap

'Aliens in America' continues on TV, and whilst it is fascinating to watch the students of Medora High, Wisconsin going in and out of the building opposite my home, and do studenty things in the playing fields I have to walk across to get to the shops, it kind of....spoils the fiction of it for me.
I know that all this is playing out in HJ Cambie Secondary school and I need to believe in Medora High. Next week they'll be in the 'butterfly sanctuary' that is actually my place of work.
How weird.

Alex tells me there's a storm a-coming, we're going to be whipped by the tail end of a hurricane. And Alex is learning lots of new stuff. For example, today he learnt how to apply moisturiser under make-up so that it goes on smoothly and how to cleanse fully afterwards. Yesterday he learnt how to apply foundation and lipstick - the latter not until he had broken one however. He also discovered how to use eye-liner, or mirror drawing if you like.
All things I never had to teach my own Alex, I think she just got that information passed on genetically.
Still, clearly the slap is what turns us evil, until I had him apply that he looked like a priest standing there in his long black dress. Oh and the red wig probably took away from the priest bit too, but we'll test drive it all on the Catholics tomorrow, see whether they get confused.

Fred - 'The first thing we need is an angry mob....'

Yasir - 'Where did you meet your wife?'
Baber - 'At our wedding!'

Little Mosque's second series is shaping up well.

1 comment:

Sleepy said...

What are you doing to that poor boy?!
I thought you needed an assistant who knew Froggish not Drag!
You should buy him the Tootsie dvd when this is over.