Thursday 17 January 2008

Queens

Try as I might, I couldn't seem to capture the snow actually falling from the sky this morning. It was, to be fair, very fine. After a while it grew thicker, it continued for most of the morning and early afternoon, but then it stopped.

My hair is doing a sort of Anne of Cleves, Katherine of Aragon thing. Not their actual hair, more the headgear they wore. Luckily, I have an appointment with the Persian hairdresser tomorrow, so I'm hoping for a cure.

More in the Guardian's 'Random Acts of Feminism' include using 'Clarkson' as a swear word and leaving feminist literature in waiting rooms. I also liked 'tearing offending pages out of magazines and newspapers and leaving them on the newsagent's counter like spare wrapping'. Nice

TV is running out. The US writers's strike is starting to squeeze and we are getting fewer and fewer programmes. The upside however, isn't as we'd feared, that there is nothing but reality TV, it is that we have time to watch the History channel, Discovery, things we don't normally get time for. I found out interesting stuff about Henry the second yesterday, a King that pops up a couple of times in history at school and then forgotten except for the name of his Queen, Eleanor of Aquitaine.

1 comment:

Sleepy said...

Now Queen Eleanor, there's a proto-feminist!