Saturday 26 January 2008

Waiting for Snow

A watched sky never snows, as the old adage doesn't exactly say.
All week, the weather forecasters have been predicting snow for Saturday morning, fo Sunday, for Monday. They have shown us a big old kick arse snow-bringing weather system sweeping in from the Arctic.
But this morning there was no snow. I gazed out of the window, like Holly did over Christmas, waiting, but still none.
We started painting the living room. And then suddenly, mid-afternoon, I looked up and there were flakes falling from the sky.

The living room isn't finished, but it looks great. I'm dead pleased with it.

I understand that the hopeful first First Gentleman was literally barracked by Barack's groupies. He was accused of racism over the statement that the Presidency was BO's 'pleasant little dream'. Yeppers. You may not say the provocative word 'dream' to a black person. Because whilst a cigar may or may not be a cigar, a dream might be....er...it might be...well, a dream. Hmm.
Get better supporters Barack.
And do I really need to keep reminding you about Judges 4 ?

1 comment:

Sleepy said...

I have been promised snow for Friday.
I won't be holding my breath.