Tuesday 7 April 2009

Coolness and Hotheads

We're planning for the summer at Schloss Schneewittchen. Austen, Sue and the grandkids have now booked their tickets and will be arriving as soon as term finishes at the end of July.
This is cause for extreme levels of excitement.
And like I said, planning.

We have had sunshine and warm temperatures and it has been fine. The hummingbirds have been aggressively buzzing each other, the males are feisty little fellas who protect their territory like Napoleon defending Paris - only more successfully.
The photographers, they of the $10K cameras, have also almost come to blows today. It's weird and a little creepy. They all line up with their big old pointy lensed penis extensions trained on the bird-feeding area, those are the ones who came to blows (almost) today, but then there are others who look as though they are focussed on our office windows, due to the fact that the hummingbird feeders are outside our windows, as is a white currant bush in flower - much visited by said birds.
I feel paparazzi-ed.

One of my other lads, the one who lives here, has bought a new notebook. Very nice it is too, and a bloody good price. The particular one was in Future Shop for one price for the black or white version, but $30 more for the red.
'If you want the red,' said I to he, deliberately whilst the salesperson was still in earshot, 'we'll have to get it at Best Buy, it's the same price as the other colours there,'
Without missing a heartbeat, the salesperson was back at my side offering to sell it at the same price.
Cool.
Now however, my boy has pressed something on installation (Canada: French instead of Canada : English) and the OS is now showing up in French. Now I always felt I spoke French until I had to plough through Windows' French. Still, on the other hand, I've more or less had to learn Windows' English as a separate language. I've changed everything offered to me as a language change and yet it remains stubbornly French.
Ah well.
That'll learn him.

6 comments:

Sleepy said...

Photograph the photographers with cheap, nasty disposable cameras!

WV..Bedlists!! Hahaha!

Schneewittchen said...

Hahaha, I should totally do that!!!!

Sleepy said...

Do it!
Get everyone who works there to line up at your window with one!

Schneewittchen said...

I'm not sure you can actually BUY disposable cameras anymore, but then, even our little handbag digitals should appal them enough, especially the ones that actually seem to look right into our window!

Sleepy said...

Even better!
Fisher Price cameras!!

Schneewittchen said...

Perfick!!!!!